Zucchini cakes á la Cox:
1 clove of garlic
1/2 ball of mozzarella
Cox BBQ Sauce
Wash the zucchini, grate and squeeze through a kitchen towel.
Peel and finely dice onion and garlic clove. Grate the mozzarella and parmesan.
Mix all ingredients well in a bowl with the egg and flour. Then add as many breadcrumbs until a sticky dumpling mixture is obtained. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Form fritters from the mixture with your hands and fry in a pan over medium heat for 5-6 minutes per side until golden brown.
This can be made into wonderful veggie burgers with burger bread and garnishes (e.g. lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, cheese slice, etc.). Whether as a burger or a patty
for the perfect rounding off, of course, the Cox BBQ sauces may not be missing!
(Note: No. 2 & No. 4 are especially good with vegetarian food).
(Many thanks to Jennifer Cox for the delicious recipe)
Angelika's oven vegetables à la Cox
- Cut various vegetables according to season and taste into small pieces and put them in a roasting pan with a lid. e.g. carrots, potatoes, onions, spring onions, peppers, celery, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes or whatever you like.
- Add vegetables that have a shorter cooking time a little later.
- Add garlic and herbs of choice, preferably fresh or frozen,
- e.g. oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme, Italian herbs, chives, etc.
- Marinate with olive oil and "Cox Sauce Pizza No. 1", (amount to taste) and let marinate nicely for about 1 hr.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir well and add some liquid vegetable stock.
- Cook for approx. 45 min. at 200 degrees U/O in the oven. Stir in between times and check gar degrees.
This is a recipe where you can experiment a lot!
(Many thanks to Angelika K. for the delicious recipe!)
Italian meatballs with pasta à la Cox
for 4 servings:
400g Cox Pizza No.1
400-500g beef or mixed mince
1 roll (from the previous day)
1 clove of garlic
1-2 tsp Italian herbs (or pizza seasoning)
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
½ tsp chili powder or flakes
400g penne or macaroni
1. for the meatballs, soak the roll in cold water. Finely dice onions and garlic. Knead the minced meat, egg, squeezed out roll, onions, garlic, Italian herbs, salt, pepper and chili well.
2. form small balls with moistened hands.
3. cook pasta in plenty (about 1 liter of water per 100g pasta) of boiling salted water according to package directions. Collect some of the pasta water in a bowl after cooking. 4.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan. Sauté meatballs in it until browned all over and remove. Fry bacon in drippings until crispy. 5.
Deglaze with Cox Pizza No.1. Add meatballs to the sauce, bring to the boil again, simmer for 4-5 minutes. Dilute the sauce with some pasta water, if it gets too thick. 6.
Add the pasta and serve. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Rice-Meat à la Cox
for 4 servings:
120g long grain rice
250g meat (beef, pork or poultry) (about 3 cm cubes)
2 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons red bell pepper diced
3 tablespoons diced carrot
200g Cox Pizza No.1
1. cook the rice according to the instructions
2. fry the meat cubes in oil
3. Sauté the bell bell pepper & carrot cubes until they get some color.
3. add the pizza sauce and reduce the heat
3, Add the rice and mix well
Serve the finished rice with some parmesan cheese
"Currysausage" à la Cox
Do you like curry sausage as much as we do? Try our BBQ No.2 instead of the usual curry sauce. Tastes just as good through the Oriental spices, if not even better and you have guaranteed no flavor enhancers, preservatives or the like in it. Also tastes just as good with the french fries!